It’s no surprise that the exterior of our homes is often what people notice when they first pull into our driveway. A large factor in creating an attractive curb appeal is residential garage doors, which come in a variety of styles and materials to choose from. From traditional carriage-style garage doors to modern glass-paneled versions, there’s something for every taste and budget! But before you start browsing through all the options, it’s important to remember certain tips before purchasing a new door for your home; this blog post will provide insight into the five essentials for choosing the perfect garage door for your home.
- Consider Your Budget: Before you start shopping for a new residential garage door, make sure to set a realistic budget that works with your overall financial situation. This will help narrow down the selection and allow you to focus on doors within the price range that fits best.
- Select A Style That Fits Your Home: With so many styles of residential garage doors available, it’s important to find one that compliments the look of your home. There are three main types of residential garage doors: swing-up, roll-up, and slider. Swing-up doors open outward like a traditional door and can be made from wood or steel. Roll-up doors are typically heavy-duty, rolling up into a horizontal position when opened. Slider doors slide horizontally along tracks when opened and can also be made from wood or steel.
- Choose The Right Material: Garage doors come in several materials such as wood, steel, vinyl, and aluminum; each material offers different benefits. Steel is the most affordable and durable option, while wood provides a classic look but can require more maintenance. Vinyl and aluminum are both lightweight and low-maintenance materials that are great for busy households.
- Think About Insulation and Security: Garage doors with insulation can provide several benefits including noise reduction, energy efficiency, and increased security. Make sure to compare R-values on all potential doors to ensure you’re getting the best insulation rating possible! In addition, select a residential garage door that has security features like multi-point locking systems and reinforced construction to help protect your home against intruders.
- Factor In Maintenance Needs: Different types of garage doors will have different levels of maintenance needs; some may need to be oiled or waxed each year while others may not require any upkeep beyond occasional cleaning with soapy water. Be sure to research the maintenance needs of any potential door before making a purchase.
By keeping these five essential tips in mind when shopping for a residential garage door, you can ensure that you’ll make the perfect selection for your home! With so many styles and materials out there, it’s easy to find something that fits your budget and aesthetic preferences. You should always feel confident and delighted with your investment in your home as well as find out how we at Crews Garage Door can make that easier for you! Contact us today – our professional and experienced installers will make your doors work for your personal or business needs!